Off-highway vehicles need a different type of care under the hood. Industries like agriculture, marine, heavy construction, mining, oil & gas, and other off-road applications can be demanding for machinery. These lines of business could take a toll on an engine and cause all sorts of trouble from machine wear to expensive costs of downtime. This is why off-highway vehicles need heavy-duty filters.
Heavy-duty filters can protect engines in many different ways, but most of all, it keeps your vehicles from severe conditions like:
- Driving up on steep hills and mountains
- Towing or carrying heavy weight loads
- Frequent idle times, especially for fleet trucks that regularly encounter heavy traffic
- Operating in extremely cold or sub-zero climates where cold start-ups are necessary
- Extensive driving in very hot weather
- Operating in dusty roads
Filters are designed to remove contaminants from the oil that could wear down the surfaces of engine components in use. While the engine requires the most protection from a day’s worth of hard work, your off-road vehicle also needs other types of filters for full coverage. Depending on the nature of work, you would need air, hydraulic, coolant, cabin, and air filters as well. Make sure to get the right products based on your needs and vehicle specifications to protect your high-value vehicles.